Lob 358 mm. (1877 – 1948) Son and pupil of Léon Apparut. Employed in the workshops of Blanchard in Lyons (1896-1899) and Mougenot in Brussels (1900-1902). Took over the business of Victor Joseph Charotte in Mirecourt in 1925. René Cune became his partner between 1930 and 1939, as later did Paul Hilaire, who succeeded to the business in 1948. He won Gold medals at Nancy, Brussels, Metz, Ghent, and Paris. Personal model, and copies of particular classical makers. Very well executed and a high degree of finish. Signed: ‘G.Apparut’. This Violin has the following label text:: Fait par Georges Apparut / à Mirecourt en 1929 No.. 74, with the No. 74 and 29 in the date handwritten in ink.